Medical Officer III
To serve the Division and School Populace through the implementation of health programs, provision of basic health and nutrition services and establishment of a healthful school environment.
Build and sustain partnerships for resource generation and social mobilization towards the development of physically and mentally healthy school children who are ready to learn.
Develop a healthy lifestyle habits and practices among teachers and non teaching personnel for them to become more efficient and effective workers.
1. Develop health and nutrition programs to respond to the needs of the children, teaching and non-teaching personnel within the scope of the schools division.
2. Strategize and coordinate implementation of health and nutrition programs and services.
4. Assess facilities of the schools division, districts, schools and LCs, and provide recommendations towards establishing a healthy office and school environment that is safe, secure and child-friendly.
5. Establish and maintain linkages with other government / non-government agencies, private, professional, technical organizations and the business sector to ensure maximum support of healthcare services and resources generation.
6. Respond to public health emergencies brought about by natural as well as man-made disasters and provide health and nutrition services in critical/high risk areas.
7. Health Education
- Provide technical inputs for the integration of health and nutrition concepts in basic education curricula and act as technical resource in health and nutrition in workshops and seminars.
- Develop health and wellness advocacy and information dissemination strategies to improve, promote and protect the health of the school populace and the community it serves.
8. Health Services
- Strategize provision of preventive, primary, promotive, and curative, psychosocial, medical/or dental health care and nutrition services on a regular basis to school-aged children in the elementary and secondary level including teaching and non-teaching personnel: Services to include:
· Conduct of medical and dental exams;
· Conduct of nutritional assessment and accompanying;
· Interventions (school feeding);
· Provision of medical/dental treatment to priority cases;
· Provision of services to athletes during sports training and competition;
· Provision of psycho-social intervention services such as individual, group and family counseling; and consultation with school administrators, parents, teachers and students.
9. Maintain a IT-enabled database of records, reports, and research on health and nutrition for the purpose of identifying needs and developing health and nutrition programs.
- Utilize epidemiological data/information obtained from field work to assist other regions and units in conducting and analyzing research work, and improving health and nutrition well-being to ensure maximum and effective healthcare.
10. Maintain up-to-date records of field and clinic reports, conduct of timely monitoring and evaluation, upkeep of a computerized database inventory of records and researches and prepare annual reports for evaluation and auditing.